ADRIAN DURHAM: Jose Mourinho should be sacked for wrecking not only Ashley Cole's World Cup chances but his whole career



In May 2013 Ashley Cole left the Wembley pitch having captained England against the Republic of Ireland. And said this: 'It’s a very proud moment for me and one I’ll never forget. I wanted to be captain, it was a dream come true. I’ve lived a little boy’s dream today.' Less than a year on Cole has retired from international football, after he got the dreaded call from Roy Hodgson, telling him he wouldn’t be going to the World Cup. Where did it all go wrong? I blame Jose Mourinho – he’s had a detrimental effect on Cole’s career twice now, and that’s sackable in my book.

Popular posts from this blog

JAMIE REDKNAPP: Manchester United have dominated for years... but rivals City are the future of English football

Liverpool and Southampton show interest in signing Cardiff defender Steven Caulker

Brendan Rodgers wants five summer signings to boost Liverpool's Champions League bid